We offer three types of licenses for downloads: Student/Teacher License, Standard License
and Extended License
. The full terms of these licenses (together with the terms of the DVD and Print Licenses
) are available here
and you will be prompted to agree to them at checkout, but we would like to give you a rough idea of what to choose for your purchase:
(Note: if none of these licenses suits your needs, please contact us for custom licensing)
To see the PRICE for different licenses please click on the corresponding "Buy" button ($ sign) next to each image/video.
Student/Teacher License (available for images only): This license is reserved for students and teachers using images for school projects and classroom lectures ONLY. Website uses are NOT allowed under this license, please use our Standard License instead. This is a SINGLE SEAT license, it authorizes ONE natural person to license, download, and use images.
Individual students and teachers, you are welcome to use this license for classroom and school projects ! Educational institutes and organizations, please use our Standard or Extended License.
Standard License (for both images and videos): images/ videos can be used for (almost) whatever you want: teaching/academic uses, commercial/advertising purposes, editorial and textbook publishing, web publishing, patient education, ….
Images/videos can also be included as part of a product for sale provided that the images/videos are NOT the main subject of the product and that the images/videos can NOT be extracted from the product as individual files. A credit line ©Alila Medical Media is required in the credit section of the product(s).
With this license, an image/video can be used for up to 100,000 copies of the final product. For example: when an image/video is used in a physical product (newspapers, magazines, books, CDs, DVDs…) the print run should NOT exceed 100,000 copies in the aggregate; when an image/video is used for eBooks, the number of end users should not exceed 100,000 in the aggregate; when an image/video is used on a website, the intended audience should not exceed 100,000 visitors; when an image/video is used for multimedia presentations or incorporated into film and video for television and/or internet broadcast, the intended audience should NOT exceed 100,000 viewers. If you need the images/videos for more than 100,000 copies please use our Extended License.
This is a SINGLE SEAT license, it authorizes ONE natural person to license, download, and use images/videos. You may use images/videos on behalf of your company but you are the only one who can handle the images/videos. The images/videos can be saved on your computer(s) only. If you work in a team within a company, please use our Extended License. Alternatively, you may also obtain one Standard License for each user in your company/organization.
NOTE: If you choose to purchase a Standard License for your company/organization use, you will be the person responsible for proper usage of the images/videos by your company/organization; your company/organization can use the images/videos only for as long as you are working for the company/organization. If for some reason you leave the company/organization, all images/videos licensed under your name and Standard License must be removed from uses (app, website,..) immediately.
Extended License (for both images and videos): Same as Standard License above except that there is no limit to the number of print run copies, end user licenses or intended audience viewers. Extended license is also MULTIPLE SEATS allowing many users within ONE organization/company/institution to share the same image/video while working on common projects and for common projects ONLY.
Extended License may also be used for legal proceedings (personal injury, medical malpractice lawsuits), limited to ONE case per license and provided that you will take ALL responsibility regarding the use of the images/videos. Alila Medical Media will NOT be liable for any losses, damages, disputes of any nature resulting from the use and accuracy of contents of the images/videos.
For web designers/media makers who want to use images/videos for their clients: You would need ONE license for EACH of your clients. The type of license is determined by your client uses of images/videos. Images/videos can be modified to suit your client needs but will remain copyrighted by Alila Medical Media no matter how much you have modified them. The modified images/videos will subject to the same licensing terms and restriction as the original images/videos.
Note about custom works: All custom made images/videos are subject to the same licensing terms as all other images/videos on our website. Alila Medical Media is the sole copyright holder of all custom works.
Restrictions for ALL licenses:
- All licenses are non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable.
- You may NOT resell/distribute/give away or otherwise make available the images/videos as standalone files/prints or in a derivative product where the image/video is the main subject of the product, or in a manner that allows the images/videos to be extracted as individual files.
- You may NOT make “print on demand” sale of the images (you may NOT post them for sale on "print on demand" sites such as Zazzle or Cafepress or similar; you are welcome, however, to order products from these sites with our images for your own use).
- You may NOT post the videos on Youtube or similar video sharing websites as standalone files or in a derivative product where the video(s) constitute more than 50% of the product. You may, however, upload them as unlisted/unsearchable videos accessible only to yourself for the SOLE purpose of embedding the videos to your website. Note: Subject to an additional licensing fee, exception to this restriction can be made on a case by case basis, please contact us for details.
- You may NOT upload the images/videos to social media websites such as Facebook and similar. You are welcome, however, share the links to the images on your/our website.
Credit Attributions and Copyright Notices:
We require that all images/videos in use are properly credited to ©Alila Medical Media.
- All images/videos used online (on websites, in apps,..) must have the copyright/credit line ©Alila Medical Media. You are free to change the font, size, color, location of the text but the credit line must be clearly legible on each and every images/videos. Videos that are used on their own - without being integrated into longer videos - are required to have the credit line on each and every frame. If you have significantly modified the images/videos, the credit line should read "modified from original image/video by Alila Medical Media".
- ONLY when the images/videos are used as part of a physical product and/or in a larger production (in a book, in a TV production, a longer video...) the credit line may be removed from the images/videos themselves, and credit must be given in the credit section (if there is one) or at the end of the product/final video production. If you intend to use our video(s) in a larger video production but are not able to remove the credit line yourself, you can send us an email describing how the video(s) will be used and we may remove the credit line for you.
- In ALL cases, it must be easy, straightforward for a reader/viewer to identify the source of the images/videos.
No-Return Policy : We regret that we can not entertain any return requests. This is due to the nature of our products, downloadable items are impossible to return. Thank you for your understanding.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any question.